Investorideas.com

Investorideas.com
Breaking News

Monday, August 18, 2014

Five-Time World Champion Boxer Vinny Paz Shares Thoughts about Upcoming Movie, ‘Bleed For This’ (Executive Produced by Martin Scorsese and Starring Miles Teller) Boxing, God and What’s Next

Sports and Entertainment News:  Five-Time World Champion Boxer Vinny Paz Shares Thoughts about Upcoming Movie, ‘Bleed For This’ (Executive Produced by Martin Scorsese and Starring Miles Teller) Boxing, God and What’s Next

Paz Photos Released for NXT-ID’s (NXTD) Celebrity ad Campaign, “Wocket in Your Pocket” and Vinny Talks about New Wine Venture

“This whole thing started because I went to see a movie called Rocky when I was 15 and that's why we're making ‘Bleed for This’ in 2015 “ – Vinny Paz

New York, NY - Point Roberts, WA - August 18, 2014 - Investorideas.com (www.investorideas.com), a global news source covering leading sectors including sports stocks, issues an exclusive interview with former world champion boxer in the lightweight and light middleweight classes, Vinny Pazienza (PAZ). Vinny discusses his upcoming movie, ‘Bleed for This’ and what’s next for his career. Vinny also talks about his recently released online photo ads for NXT-ID’s (OTCQB:NXTD) Wocket smart wallet (www.wocketwallet.com), designed to replace all the cards in your wallet and discusses his plans for a new wine company.

Vinny’s new movie ‘Bleed for This’ is executive-produced by movie icon Martin Scorsese and has some well-known names in Hollywood attached to it, including Miles Teller and Aaron Eckhart. ‘Bleed for This’ tells the true-life story of five-time, world champion Rhode Island boxer Vinny Pazienza, as he recovers from a near-fatal car accident that left him with a broken neck. He goes on to later win three additional world boxing titles, creating one of the most incredible comeback stories in boxing and sports history.



Interview
Q: Investorideas
Vinny, it’s great to speak to you.  I’m a big-time boxing fan and it’s exciting to see your true life story come alive in a major motion picture. What does that mean to you, at this point in your life?

A: Vinny Paz
I feel very fortunate that I'm going to be the one that will inspire a lot of people and I'm just as excited as I can be. And I'm very thankful.


Q: Investorideas
What does it feel like to have movie legend Martin Scorsese attached to ‘Bleed for This’?

A: Vinny Paz
It's amazing.  At first I couldn’t believe it. You know, I was just talking to a friend about how no-one knows for sure if there's a Greater Being upstairs. But it's something that is up there.  It's helped me because I've been blessed. I've been down in the bottom of the ocean and I've been on the top of the mountain.  And I've been blessed in both places. I've come out looking pretty good at times.  So I'm leaning more towards the idea of God as I get closer and closer to this movie. 


Q: Investorideas
Miles Teller is playing the role of Vinny Paz. Ironically, he survived a near-fatal crash and has come back to be a star. Do you think he can portray the man the world saw come back and train to fight again?

A: Vinny Paz
I've seen Miles a couple of times.  I've seen him on talk shows.  I've seen him in a couple of movies, and I think he's got the right swagger.  I think he's got the moves to pull it off.  Yes, I do. One of the reasons why Miles was attracted to this story is because he was in a car accident and almost died and they said he would never, ever be able to return to his full capacity ever again.  And he said, “Don’t tell me I can't, because I know I can“. That was a real attraction at that point. We both went through the same things.

 
Q: Investorideas
Aaron Eckhart, a big name in the industry right now, is going to play the role of Kevin Rooney, the trainer that worked with you for the comeback.  What do you think of that and what is the most important quality he needs to show the audience to be believable?

A: Vinny Paz
I loved Kevin Rooney and there was mutual love back from him, so me and Kevin were really tight. Miles and Aaron need to have that kind of relationship and chemistry to pull it off.  And I know they will; they're two of the greatest actors alive. 

IF IMAGE BELOW UNAVAILABLE, SEE PHOTO AT http://www.investorideas.com/news/2014/sports/08181.asp

Miles Teller, Aaron Eckhart, Martin Scorsese

Q: Investorideas
So as your movie moves ahead, what are some of your favorite boxing movies out there?

A: Vinny Paz
Well, this whole thing started because I went to see a movie called Rocky when I was 15.  That's the truth.  And that’s how we're making ‘Bleed for This’ in 2015. 


Q: Investorideas
For new boxing fans, what is your signature power punch or combination?

A: Vinny Paz
I had a punch, an overhand right that I used to call the Melvin.  It was because I knocked out this kid in the third round.  He was a top ten fighter.  I knocked him out with one punch over the top; you know, a wild punch.  I wound it up and then threw it over the top - knocked this kid out.  He went down face- first like a tree and ever since that punch, we call it the Melvin.  That's my famous signature punch.
 

Q: Investorideas
So now that your name is back in the headlines and associated with some very famous Hollywood names, what’s next for you?

A: Vinny Paz
A lot of people talk about and pitch reality shows to me and I don’t want to do that because you have to overact.  You have to go over the top. 


Q: Investorideas
A fun part of the celebrity role is also doing some product sponsorships and ads. I hear you just had a product shot today with NXT-ID’s (OTCQB:NXTD) Wocket, part of the celebrity’ Wocket in your Pocket’ ad campaign? How did that go and what do you think of the idea of the Wocket smart wallet? (www.wocketwallet.com)

A: Vinny Paz
I think it's pretty wild how they come up with these tech things.  I feel like such a prehistoric dinosaur.  This Wocket is unbelievable.  I can't believe they made this, it’s great.  I think the Wocket is going to be one of the biggest things in the world, in the near future.


Q: Investorideas
How would you compare your current wallet to the Wocket?

A: Vinny Paz
Well, my wallet is about five inches deep so I can't wait to use the Wocket.

 
Q: Investorideas
What other kind of products would you like to work with; boxing or sports or something different?

A: Vinny Paz
I definitely want to go outside of boxing.  Everybody loves wine, you know and I'm no different.  So I’m working on a new line of wine and we’re going to call it “Five Times Better”.  I made sure that I loved the taste of it and I just think it's off-the-hook great! 


Q Investorideas
In closing, as a boxing fan and someone who has done the workouts just for fun, I appreciate the dedication and character it takes to be a boxer. To come back after your accident and train like you did, requires a different kind of man altogether; what drove you to do that?

A: Vinny Paz
It's just determination and persistence and it makes me think I'm not better than anybody. Nobody's better than anybody.  But I'm different from most people. I was born from a different mold.  And I had great parents. I had good genes. I used to say when I was fighting, “I’m tough as nails”.  I used to say “I'm tough as nails; I'm tough as steel and I bite nails for breakfast”.  Now, I bite tin foil. 
But you still have to be a little tough to do that. 


See Vinny Paz Wocket in Pocket photos on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/wocketwallet

Learn more about ‘Bleed for This’: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1620935/

About InvestorIdeas.com:
InvestorIdeas.com is a global news source for investors following leading business sectors including sports stocks, biotech, tech, mining, mobile, energy, water, defense and security, renewable energy, food and beverage stocks and Latin American stocks.
Follow Investorideas.com on Twitter http://twitter.com/#!/Investorideas
Follow Investorideas.com on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/Investorideas

Sign up for our free news alerts

Become an Investorideas.com Member and use our online stock directories to research stocks – including biometric and mobile payment stocks and sports stocks http://www.investorideas.com/membership/

Disclaimer/ Disclosure: The Investorideas.com newswire is a third party publisher of news and research as well as creates original content as a news source. Original content created by investorideas is protected by copyright laws other than syndication rights. Investorideas is a news source on Google news and Linkedintoday plus hundreds of syndication partners. Our site does not make recommendations for purchases or sale of stocks or products. Nothing on our sites should be construed as an offer or solicitation to buy or sell products or securities. All investment involves risk and possible loss of investment. This site is currently compensated by featured companies, news submissions, content marketing and online advertising. Contact each company directly for press release questions. Disclosure is posted on each release if required but otherwise the news was not compensated for and is published for the sole interest of our readers.  For disclosure purpose NXT-ID has engaged Investor Ideas for news publication. media and PR ( compensation  five thousand per month plus 144 shares. Investor idea is long NXTD, More disclaimer info: http://www.investorideas.com/About/Disclaimer.asp
BC Residents and Investor Disclaimer : Effective September 15 2008 - all BC investors should review all OTC and Pink sheet listed companies for adherence in new disclosure filings and filing appropriate documents with Sedar. Read for more info: http://www.bcsc.bc.ca/release.aspx?id=6894. Global investors must adhere to regulations of each country.


800-665-0411 - Source – www.Investorideas.com

No comments: